The lab's projects involve a diverse group faculty, students, and organizational collaborators.
- Dr. Ryan J. Gagnon, Clemson University
- Dr. William Quinn, Clemson University
- Dr. Ed Bowers, Clemson University
- Dr. Harrison Pinkney, Clemson University
- Dr. Larry Allen, Clemson University
- Leslie Conrad, Clemson University
- Dr. Anja Whittingon, Radford University
- Garrett A. Stone, M.S. is a Ph.D. student who is providing critical assistance in the development and implementation of research protocols in indoor competition climbing research with USA Climbing.
- Lisa Olsen, M.S. is a Ph.D. student whose interest in year-round school and summer learning is being applied to data on parent perceptions of year-round school.
- Kayla Weston is a Ph.D. student whose background as a veteran naval officer is bringing a unique military perspective to a 2-year Boys and Girls Clubs of America Teen Ambassador Evaluation project. Kayla is also supporting work looking at the impact of youth development degree programs on organizations and communities.
- Ali Dubin is a Ph.D. student who synthesized camp-related injury and illness research to better serve camp healthcare providers in cooperation the Association of Camp Nurses. She is now assisting with a study exploring fatigue within the camp setting.
Current Organizational Collaborators
- Association of Camp Nursing (ACN)- A professional nursing organization working toward healthier camp communities by supporting the practice of camp nursing.
- Boys and Girls Clubs of America (BGCA)- The mission of BGCA is to enable all young people, especially those who need us most, to reach their full potential as productive, caring, responsible citizens.
- Children and Nature Network (C&NN)- C&NN is leading the movement to connect all children, their families and communities to nature through innovative ideas, evidence-based resources and tools, broad-based collaboration and support of grassroots leadership.
- Maasai-Mara University (MMU)- Located in Narok, Kenya, the vision of MMU is to be a world class university committed to academic excellence for development.
- USA Climbing (USAC)- As the national governing body of competition climbing in the United States, USAC promoting three competition disciplines: bouldering, sport and speed climbing.
- Youth Learning Institute (YLI)- Part of Clemson University's youth outreach effort, YLI serves 100,000+ youth annually in over 100 programs offered through several leadership centers located across SC
Past Organizational Collaborators
- American Camp Association (ACA)- ACA is a community of camp professionals who, for over 100 years, have joined together to share our knowledge and experience and to ensure the quality of camp programs.
- Clemson Outdoor Lab (COL)- Clemson University's Outdoor Lab provides residential camp experiences for children, youth and adults with many programs designed for those with disabilities.
- North Carolina Youth Camp Association (NCYCA)- NCYCA seeks to strengthen and expand the educational, environmental and recreational opportunities provided by North Carolina’s camps.